I am very pleased to announce the first annual conference of Computing At School Scotland will be held on Saturday 27th October 2012 at Microsoft’s Edinburgh office in the Waverley Gate building.
We have a fantastic selection of speakers for you including:
- Keynote by Muffy Calder, Chief Scientific Advisor for Scotland
- Judy Robertson, Heriot-Watt University: Health and fitness apps for pupils
- Chris Martin, Dundee University: Arduino electronics
- Colin Maxwell, Carnegie College: Practical workshop on games design with Blender
- Duncan Smeed, Strathclyde University: Teaching in schools using the Raspberry Pi
- Bobby Elliot, SQA: National Certificates and National Progress Awards in Games Design and Digital Media Computing
- Sue Sentance, Anglia Ruskin University / Microsoft: Teaching with .NET Gadgeteer
- Charlie Love, Principal Teacher of Computing, Aberdeen City Council: Web development using Thimble
- Ollie Bray, Deputy Headteacher, Highland Council: Strategies for teaching internet safety
- Jeremy Scott, RSE / George Heriot’s School: Royal Society of Edinburgh Computer Science Exemplification Project
- Steven Whyte, Gracemount High School (with RunRev): Teaching programming using Live Code
- Michael Kolling, Kent University: Teaching programming with Greenfoot
- Quintin Cutts, Glasgow University: Programming education as cognitive apprenticeship
To sign up for the conference go to http://casscot12.eventbrite.com/. Tickets are limited so get yours quick!
We’ve had a great response so far and nearly a third of the spaces are now allocated. The confirmed speaker line up is excellent and we’ve a few more exciting conference announcements coming soon. Don’t miss out go to http://casscot12.eventbrite.com/ to get your ticket.
Over three quarters of the tickets have now been allocated and we now have only 2 spaces for Students and NQT’s and 9 spaces for teachers left.
Hello, do we need to sign up for workshops etc, or do we just turn up. Seem to remember something about signing up by mid September? Christine
We will send out a survey form to those who have tickets in the next week. Thanks.