I thought I might share some tools I have been playing with over the last year.
Thonny – Python IDE for beginners. ( http://thonny.org/ )
- Everything is self contained, it includes tracing and variable watch window. Everything in one window. Now has a micro:bit plugin.
Flowgorithim – Flow chart creator ( http://flowgorithm.org/ )
- Not only a flow chart creator, it allows the chart to be executed and can be used to convert flow charts to a HLL.
https://repl.it/ – Cloud coding
- Python, HTML, CSS, JS, qbasic and many, many more. Create codecademy like courses while using classrooms.
Glow Blogs – SyntaxHighlighter Evolved
- Add formating to your code on posts
( Hello World ) – https://www.raspberrypi.org/helloworld
- Programming magazine
- Educators subscribe for free
Data Gov – https://data.gov.uk/data/search?res_format=CSV
- OK this isn’t obvious at first, the new N5 requires that pupils be able to extract data from existing datasets. Here is a lot of real world data in CSV format that could be dropped into a SQL friendly format.
Hope this helps someone.