***Shameless plug alert***
If you have money to spend I can recommend a new book I’ve been working on in my own time. 😉 “How to Code in Python” covers GCSE, N4/5 and very nearly all of Higher. It is available from 28th Feb.
The book is a combination and extension of a few teaching resources I was working on when still in the classroom. Each section has chapters on:
– Explanations of Python Code
– Computational Thinking Puzzles (good for homework with answers and comments will be available online)
– Programming Challenges (all solutions with comments will be available online)
1. Input, output and simple calculations
2. Selection (if) statements
3. Repetition (Loop) statements
4. Storing multiple values using lists
5. Predefined functions
6. Modular programming
7. File handling
8. Standard algorithms
9. Large project tasks
As the book covers several courses I’m putting together a document that matches puzzles, challenges etc to each course in Scotland.