Audio Acquisition Clarification

• Kirsteen Nakau
    Participant

Can someone please confirm for me as to whether or not the students are required to capture their audio or whether they can simply source and edit existing audio files. The SQA assessment support materials use state capture still images but they use acquire for audio.

I have emailed the SQA through our SQA coordinator but they have not got back to me.

Thanks

Kirsteen

Greg Reid
    Participant

Hi Kirsteen

Email me your question and I’ll pass it onto the Qualifications Manager responsible for Digital Media.
    greg.reid@sqa.org.uk

Cheers
    Greg

tracy_m
    Participant

I posted an answer to this in the Scotland Computing Team but am cross posting here for anyone not in that.

Assuming you are doing level 5 given that it’s 8 audio clips? The ASP (combined) uses acquisition for still and moving images as well as audio (page 10) and the question on page 11 asks about device used for recording them. So, I ‘m getting mine to record the audio clips themselves rather than downloading clips from the internet.

Greg Reid
    Participant

Hi Folks

I asked permission to post the answer given to Kirsteen below. Have copied the answer part.

Cheers
    Greg

“We have a few Audio units but I assume from your query you are referring to HW4W 45 Digital Media: Audio and the integrated ASP for NPA Digital Media at SCQF level 5?

The ASP’s audio requirement is for eight clips, and to edit four of them. This can be a mix of learners’ own recordings and those from other media sources.

For this year we have again removed the requirement for a specific number digital media elements to be captured/edited as long as there is evidence of critical competences.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.