Are you creative in the classroom? Do you empower creativity in your young people?
Education Scotland is looking for teachers and CLD staff who use creativity in their work to speak up and share their creative learning and teaching approaches with the rest of Scotland through a series of very short online film clips
Creativity in its purest sense involves generating original ideas that have value and crosses ALL areas of the curriculum (not just the arts) and we are looking for examples from subjects as diverse as PE, Languages and Maths. It could be the young people learning creative skills or an approach to lesson planning that is particularly creative. What creativity might involve can be found here: http://glo.li/xGyO3
Here are the questions we would like to put to you:
- What is creativity (to you)?
- Why be creative in your teaching
- What happens when the young learners are engaged in a creative activity?
- What did you and your young learners do that was creative?You might explain an example of what creativity looks like in your classroom or group.You might detail day-to-day creative approaches or else explain a specific project, topic or development.
- How did this specifically benefit you and the young people?
You will be filmed by a professional film company (they really put you at your ease) who will come to you, fit around your timetable, and the whole process of setting up and filming will take less than half an hour. Ultimately we are capturing just 3 minutes of glorious quality footage from you that will be shared through the Creativity Portal. This is a great opportunity to showcase your creativity to a national audience.
The filming will be arranged to suit you some time in the next three weeks.
It takes moments to offer your experience or suggest a colleague who you think would fit the bill:
Go to: http://glo.li/xRbBz3
Phone: 0141 282 5194